The Cathedral Church of St. George is located
on Grenville Street in Kingstown, St. Vincent and the
Grenadines, West Indies. The Cathedral is the mother church
of the Diocese of the Windward Islands, which is part
of the Province of the West Indies.
The church was built on the site of an earlier Anglican
Church which was destroyed by a hurricane in 1780. The
new church, which was dedicated on the 1st September 1820,
though still majestic, is now in need of extensive restoration.
The Cathedral is part of the parish of Saints George
and Andrew. This parish also includes the Church of the
Transfiguration at Lowmans Hill (Leeward), the Church
of the Ascension at Sion Hill and the Church of the Holy
Redeemer at Redemption Sharpes.
The Cathedral offers two services of Holy Eucharist and
Sermon each Sunday: at 5:30 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.; each weekday
morning at 6:00 a.m, there is Holy Eucharist and Homily
at the Cathedral.
Every Sunday at 9:00 a.m., there is Holy Eucharist and
Sermon at the Church of the Ascension (Sion Hill), while
at the same time every Sunday, there is Morning Prayer
and Homily at the Church of theTransfiguration (Lowmans).
We invite you to be a part of our spiritual home.